More About Me...

I am Charles King(27). At Finance Classic I want to share my financial knowledge with the world. Here you can also find some good financial videos which are very interesting and very informative. If you would like to share your thoughts and knowledge with me and my visitors then please comment here or contact me at: charls413 [at] gmail [dot] com

Another Tit-Bit...

Let me share my hobbies with you. I like to play, wondering around. Another thing that I want to tell you is that, I want to be honest and I like honest people.

Steps to be taken when a family member dies without a will

Death of a family member can be a very painful situation to deal with. If that person has died without a will, it is important to contact the Probate court who will divide the assets according to the legal formula. The court will appoint a family member, friend or any close person in the family to act as the administrator and handle the probate. The court proceedings and paperwork requirements are very similar to those of a probate with a will. Contact a knowledgeable probate lawyer for professional and legal help.

When you are dealing in a probate inheritance case, it is important to find out that the person who died never made a will at any time while he was alive. Any will if it was made while the person was alive can be consider effective in the eyes of law.

If the person who died never made any will, file the necessary papers with the Probate court to start the probate inheritance process.

The person who acts as the administrator is responsible to pay the deceased’s debts, and notify the potential creditors, preserve, itemize and possibly have appraisals for property, and prepare and file the accounting documents. Once the papers have been submitted and reviewed, the property will be distributed to the legal heirs.

Every state has its own laws on probate inheritance when a person died without a will. Make sure that you go to the probate court of your state and find out the laws applicable in your state, or consult a knowledgeable probate lawyer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment